Madeline Krauss, MD
Dr. Madeline Krauss founded her office at One Washington Street in Wellesley in 2005 to provide unparalleled medical treatment, aesthetic procedures and excellent patient service in a comfortable, state-of-the-art office. Advanced technology is used to enhance patient care, including electronic medical records, digital photography and cutting edge medical treatments. The practice is committed to offering only the safest and most effective cosmetic treatments, including lasers, cosmetic injectables, and the ground-breaking CoolSculpting® procedure for noninvasive fat removal.
Dr. Krauss practices general and surgical dermatology with a special interest in aesthetic dermatology and laser medicine. Dr. Krauss is board certified in Dermatology and completed a fellowship in cosmetic dermatologic surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School. She received her residency training in the Tufts/Boston University combined program in dermatology, and completed a general surgery internship at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. Dr. Krauss received her M.D. from Columbia University, where she was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society, and undergraduate degree from Harvard College.
Dr. Krauss previously practiced Dermatology at Newton Wellesley Dermatology Associates. Prior to that, she was an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Tufts University and Director of the Center for Cosmetic Skin Surgery at New England Medical Center. She is part of the consulting staff at Newton Wellesley Hospital.
Dr. Krauss lectures and teaches laser techniques, and trains other physicians in botulinum toxins and fillers (Restylane®, Juvéderm and others) procedures. Her expertise in the cannula technique allows her to treat filler patients with minimal bruising and recovery with excellent, natural looking aesthetic improvement. She was voted “Best Non-surgical Cosmetic Improvement” in the Boston area by the Improper Bostonian Magazine. This is what the Improper Bostonian had to say about Dr. Krauss:
“Sure beauty is only skin-deep. But when you’re thinking about finally doing something about those varicose veins, crow’s feet, broken blood vessels or brown spots, you’ll want to talk with someone who is as understanding as she is competent. Dr. Krauss is a skilled cosmetic dermatologist with a gentle bedside manner that puts anxious patients at ease. Her treatments, which usually involve laser therapy or BOTOX® or collagen, are less expensive than traditional surgical procedures, and, most important, involve much less risk. Dr. Krauss is honest and supportive and never pushes patients into making quick decisions about treatments. We feel better already.”
In addition to her clinical appointments, Dr. Krauss maintains memberships in several professional societies, including:
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology
- Massachusetts Medical Society
Dr. Krauss is affiliated with
Dr. Krauss’ professional honors include:
- Course Director Cosmetic Boot Camp for Aesthetic Physicians Dec. 8, 2013. Speaker and Live Technique Demonstrator, Nov. 16, 2010. and Dec. 2, 2012. Boston, MA
- Speaker and Live Technique Demonstrator, American Academy of Dermatology Meeting, Aug. 16, 2012. Boston, MA
- Co-director of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery Regional Conference: The Art & Science of Filler and Injectables. Sept. 11-12, 2010. Boston, MA
- Peer to Peer Trainer for Restylane® and Perlane® Fillers for Medicis Aesthetics 2011
- Speaker and Live Technique Trainer, Alma Laser Company 2003-2008