I’m a Smoker. How Can I Save My Skin?
Recently, Dr. Wise was featured in NY Magazine, where she talks about skincare tips for smokers.
Five ways that smoking negatively impacts your skin:
- Smoking robs your skin of oxygen.
- It causes more broken capillaries and dilated blood vessels, leading to uneven skin tones and redness.
- It makes collagen and elastin, the essence of youthful skin, break down much faster.
- Squinting and pursing your lips causes increased lines around the mouth and brows.
- It decreases vitamin-A levels in the skin, creating drier skin.
- Wear a SPF 30 or above every day, on top of an antioxidant serum such as Skinceuticals CE Ferrulic.
- Wash your face daily with a wash containing glycolic acid such as Revision Brightening Wash.
- Use Vitamin A containing Retinols such as Avene Retrinal nightly.
Please read more at I’m a Smoker. How Can I Save My Skin?