For the best results after neuromodulator injection (Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®), please follow the instructions below:
- Do not lie down or bend over for 4 hours after Botox® treatment.
- Refrain from vigorous exercise for the rest of the day (walking is O.K.). No yoga.
- Utilize the muscles injected every few minutes for 30 to 45 minutes to enhance neuromodulator absorption and action. Do this by squinting, frowning, and/or lifting the eyebrows (depending on the area treated).
- Do not massage or manipulate the treated area on the day or evening of treatment. You may wash your face normally. No facials or massages on the day of treatment.
- If you experience a headache, you may take Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil/Motrin (ibuprofen) immediately after the procedure. Wait until the next day to take aspirin to minimize bruising.